Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
What is ChamberFORCE?
We are delighted to be part of "ChamberFORCE", an exciting new partnership programme that provides a vital link between local and national employers and the Armed Forces Community.
Armed Forces Covenant & Silver Award
Dunbartonshire Chamber was proud to pledge its support in 2017 when it became the first Chamber in the UK to sign the Armed Forces Covenant along with ALL our Directors and Associated companies. Our work and commitment was recognised in 2018 when we received our Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award. ChamberFORCE continues that commitment and builds on the work done so far. We continue to strive to ensure that all our board members and associated companies have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant.
What’s in it for Business?
A few of the many benefits are:
Access to highly-skilled Service Leavers, Reservists and Veterans to strengthen your workforce either as employees, or on temporary work placements.
- FREE leadership and teamwork training for your staff via a range of military-led activities and challenges. From half day workshops at your place of work, to a full weekend on a training exercise, these activities will develop your staff’s confidence, decision-making and resilience.
- Exclusive invitations to key networking events across the UK, including Land and Air Power Combat Demonstrations, Royal Navy ship visits and sea passages, Military Ceremonial Events and Tri-Service employer visits.
- FREE media and communications support to raise the profile of your business as an Armed Forces friendly employer across national business networks.
Did you know?
That the Ministry of Defence (MoD) delivers training worth over £8,000 to every Reservist, every year? This makes Reservists on your workforce multi-skilled and highly adaptable, at no cost to your Business.
- That SME’s can claim up to £500 a month if their Reservist is mobilised, along with up to £2,000 worth of training costs and additional salary costs if needed.
- That employers have found having a Reservist on the workforce acts as a positive role model to younger members of staff, impacting positively on colleagues and productivity.
To read about the experience of Reservist Simon Cole, a Squadron Leader with 602 (City of Glasgow) based in Glasgow and an Operations Manager at Dogfish Mobile, click here
- Armed Forces Covenant
- ERS Awards
- ERS Menu of Benefits
- Career Transition Partnership
- Defence Relationship Management
- Opportunities for Employers
To find out how to get involved with ChamberFORCE, contact Highland Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association’s Regional Employer Engagement Directors.
For further information call Damon Scott or email: email@example.com
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT