Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
DIRECTOR OF SPA AND LEISURE
We have a unique opportunity for a Director of Spa and Leisure to join our team
Magnificent and uniquely inspirational. Cameron House, a 5 star resort nestled on the world-famous bonnie banks of Loch Lomond has reopened following a multi-million pound restoration. Located where the Scottish Highlands meet the Lowlands, the 17th century Baronial estate where Cameron House resides is rich in character and history. With an award-winning Spa with rooftop infinity pool, an 18-hole championship golf course, an extensive array of resort activities, and a choice of six restaurants and five bars that will cater to everyone.
The iconic lochside setting is impressive in its grandeur, celebrated and treasured. Set within 400 acres of beautiful Scottish countryside, adventure is on your doorstep, with Loch Lomond providing the perfect location for water sports and land activities, including speedboat tours, paddle boarding, canoeing and kayaking, 4X4 off-road driving, falconry and more.
Add all the above together, and we have something very special, all that’s missing could be you.
Reporting to the Cameron Club General Manager, as Director of Spa and Leisure you’ll be responsible for:
- The Leadership, management and control of Spa and Leisure: promoting services; maintaining budgets; maximising profitability.
- Consistent delivery of 5* service standards, specifications and action plans for each area.
- An obsession with service and exceeding expectations.
- Management of all legal requirements in relation to Health & Safety; HR; payroll; legislative and administrative duties;
- Management of your HODs ensuring effectiveness of recruitment, training and development, engagement retention using company tools and procedures;
- Working as part of the Resort Executive Team, driving the operation to achieve our vision of being Scotland’s leading 5* resort.
- Creative delivery of “industry-leading" Spa and Leisure services for members and guests
You will be responsible for:
Spa Manager, Assistant Manager, Therapists, Spa Reception, Spa Attendants and Spa Cleaners, Leisure Sales and Operations Manager, Assistant Managers, Fitness Instructors, Pool Lifeguards, Leisure Receptionist and Cleaners.
Who we’re after
- A charismatic leader with a passion for service, personable, confident, with strong presence and flair.
- A person knowledgeable in Spa Treatments, and operation of a Leisure operation with the creativity to enhance the offering and promote products & services.
- Someone with excellent communication skills and be a passionate motivator able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-quality environment.
- Someone with an ability to project a positive, professional and friendly image to the guests and teams throughout the hotel.
- A self-disciplined individual with great organisational skills with meticulous grooming standards and the ability to ensure those standards emanate throughout your team.
- A leader with passion for excellence, an eye-for-detail, a talent for resourceful business solutions with the strength for motivational leadership.
- Someone with recent significant experience in a high-end, five-star hotel environment, must have managed Spa/Leisure environments previously, and a qualifications in Spa Therapy is preferred.
- An expert in verbal and written communication skills.
- Due to the spread out nature of Spa and Leisure across 400 acres of Loch Lomondside a driving Licence is essential.
Be part of something special
We have over 50 different job roles across our resort and a team of 650. .
We’ve been building our culture at Cameron house for over 30 years. Our people tell us it’s focused, fun and positive. A place where everyone’s contribution is valued. That’s because we all have to rely on each other, much like a family, to create memorable experiences for our guests – whether they’re celebrating life’s big events, or looking to relax and enjoy themselves.
Come and join our Clan
We recruit people with widely varying personalities from different walks of life and backgrounds. While we don’t have a ‘typical’ employee, there are some specific qualities or traits we look for.
- People who want to achieve great things – your interest in us suggests you have the ambition, drive and determination to meet challenges head on and to be the best.
- People who are naturally friendly – who genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- People who will always go beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- People who show the same level of care for their team as our guests – It’s about supporting each other to be the best we can be and to do the best job we can.
- People who will respect and protect the magical place we work in – it’s up to all of us to look after our environment and never take it for granted.
What’s in it for you?
At Cameron House we can offer fully funded, work-based training and development. Everything from apprenticeships, structured work experience in other businesses and supported scholarships through to graduate programmes, specialist craft training, and formal qualifications up to HND and Degree level.
We offer a generous range of employee benefits and, given what we do and where we are, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to make the most of our own five-star facilities. Here’s what to expect:
- Free meals when on duty, in our team cafes
- Pension scheme
- Refer-a-friend scheme
- Life Assurance
- Birthday lunches and long service awards involving recognition with high street shopping vouchers and overnight stays
- Enhanced holidays, rising with long service
- Free Leisure Club Membership, with friends and family discounts.
- Employee care service, offering lifestyle and wellbeing support and counselling via a confidential helpline
- On-site discounts on Cameron House and Cameron Lodges accommodation, 30% off food and beverage, golf membership, spa treatments, Celtic Warrior cruises, outdoor activities and retail products
- Supplier and local business discounts
- Free parking
And while Cameron House itself offers a huge range of activities across 400 acres of Scottish countryside, there’s also the wider Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park on your doorstep – just waiting to be explored in your free time.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP:
- More information is available from Jennifer Jurgensen, Director of Human Resources on 07807563774
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT