Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
If you are an employer or a business owner, the UK Government has provided the following guidance for employers and businesses.
This guidance will assist employers and businesses in providing advice to staff on:
- The novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
- How to help prevent spread of all respiratory infections including COVID-19
- What to do if someone with suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 has been in a workplace setting
- What advice to give to individuals who have travelled to specific areas, as outlined by the Chief Medical Officer
- Advice for the certification of absence from work resulting from COVID-19
- The government’s coronavirus action plan provides detailed information about the UK Government and devolved nations response.
Access to Finance
Banks and finance providers have the capacity and commitment to support SMEs and the industry is encouraging businesses across the UK to speak to their finance provider early to discuss any potential funding requirements.
UK Finance’s Let’s Talk Business website provides dedicated guidance to SMEs on access to finance.
- Think about how your customers, suppliers and staff could be affected by Covid-19, so you are prepared for any potential impact.
- Ask your bank or finance provider early on if you think you might need additional finance, or changes in your current arrangements. The earlier you engage the easier this will be.
- Look into alternative finance options. Most applications are successful, but if your first choice doesn’t work out, there are many different providers and types of finance available.
- Know where to go for more information to help your business. Use relevant guidance to consider what plans you should be making and actions you should be taking.
Why Join the Chamber
Latest News and Events
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT