Chamber membership can save you hundreds or more each year for just a few pence a day. Have a look at some of the benefits of being a chamber member.
Building Bridges - Chamber Skills Development Programme
Building Bridges is Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce’s Skills Development Programme, designed to help develop local skills to meet the needs of the local economy.
Sharon Colvan of Glenhead Engineering Ltd has been appointed to lead skills and workforce development programme on behalf of Dunbartonshire Chamber of Commerce supporting the work of Chief Executive, Damon Scott.
Philip Briscoe of European Circuits Ltd, is also a board “champion” for skills and will continue to represent the Chamber on the board of DYW (West) with whom we will work alongside.
Stakeholders & Supporters
Support for this initiative has already been identified within the Chamber Membership and from other Businesses in East and West Dunbartonshire.
It will form an important element within our Partner+ Packages for businesses looking to meet their CSR and Community Engagement objectives.
Businesses and organisations will also be able to become a “Supporter” of the programme through a lower-level of contribution (£2500). We are delighted to welcome DYW (West) as our first Supporter and their valuable contribution will help us develop our programme.
- Build on existing relationships with local primary and secondary schools.
- Facilitate school visits from representatives from local businesses.
- Promote and facilitate in-bound visits to businesses.
- Help create, promote and encourage Work Experience Placements, Internships, Apprenticeships and full-time Employment opportunities.
- The Chamber will provide business mentors to local schools and giving young entrepreneurs the support to turn their business idea into reality.
- Support Innovation to run projects with schools under the banner of “Building Bridges”
- Promote Women in STEM. Provide Role Models and establish as a Realistic Career Option
- Undertake Business Engagement and Events to support
By supporting Building Bridges, organisations demonstrate their commitment to both the Dunbartonshire Chamber and the future prosperity of Dunbartonshire.
If you would like to get involved or support Building Bridges please contact email@example.com or phone us on +44 (0)141 280 0272
Why Join the Chamber
I would highly recommend chamber membership to any Dunbartonshire business. The chamber works hard to make connections and generate profile for its members and SHBT have enjoyed a number of benefits over the years.Elizabeth Mackay, SHBT